Key Highlights & Features
- 100,000 d @ 0.25 V/d
- Built in RS232/RS485
- Ethernet Port
- Lua programmability
- Telnet/SSH remote access
- Trade approved Australia, Europe and USA
- USB Host Port
Product DescriptionThe R400 series hardware now supports programmability using Lua, a powerful lightweight scripting language, in conjunction with supporting libraries that simplify the process of writing scripts to control the R400 indicator. The modular design of the R400 hardware combined with Lua programmability offers the ultimate in flexibility. Programmability Programmability is implemented using Lua and the supporting libraries and devices contained on the M4223 module. Connection to the module is via its Ethernet port and the module uses embedded Linux for an operating system. The M4223 module also has a USB HOST port that can be connected to a USB HUB and a variety of standard USB devices. Using the Lua module an R400 indicator can be configured to handle an extensive range of applications. The module comes with a range of standard Lua libraries that allow for the following:
- Direct control of the R420 LCD display
- Custom Key handling
- Direct control of accessory hardware (I/O, serial ports, analogue outputs)
- Ethernet TCP and UDP messaging, SQL database connection
- Local File system using the M4223 onboard flash memory or connect to USB memory sticks.
- Local timers
- Multiple applications that run on the M4223 each communicating with the R420, the outside world and each other.
- Applications that run on one instrument and control a network of instruments with a common database, simply by specifying the IP address of each device.
- Applications that run remotely from other hardware.
By using Linux and Lua the M4223 is an open source implementation allowing you full access to the hardware capability of the device and the ability to field upgrade units as new features are added over time.
All of the Lua library source code is freely available which is an invaluable training tool as well as giving you full control on how your applications interact with the system.
...now that's smart weighing
The following files are available for download for the R400 Lua Programmable Indicators. Ensure you select the correct documentation for your unit's software version. Check back regularly for software and other updates.
To download files, please click on a filename below. A save dialogue box should appear allowing you to specify your save location.
If a save dialogue box does not appear, right click on the link and select save target as.